Boiler/Combustion & Mechanical Engineer
Salary: £39000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 473105543
Boiler House / Combustion & Mechanical Engineer
£35,000 - £39,000
You have the chance to join a multi-technical FM & Construction services organisation as a site based Boiler Maintenance Engineer, working on a client site in Abingdon.
The organisation provides Hard services to a client site which carries out Nuclear Fusion and research programmes aimed at creating clean, sustainable energy sources for the future.
As the Boiler House / Combustion & Mechanical Engineer you will have responsibility for:
• To work as part of the maintenance team to manage the maintenance of the steam boilers and other gas appliances on site. Carrying out engineering maintenance service activities and ensuring maximum operational effectiveness, through the introduction of new systems and procedures which will improve the reliability and energy efficiency of the site in line with current health & safety legislation.
• The boiler maintenance engineer will need to balance team skills with a hands-on practical approach to engineering issues on site.
• Be part of the ‘On Call' rota to support boiler room operations.
• Diagnose and rectify minor faults with the equipment that you have been trained to carry out
• Ensure all chemicals are managed and controlled in line with all current COSHH requirements and relevant safety data
• Responsibility for control of Contractors working on or around the boiler house
• Ensure all boiler line equipment, comply with the required health safety and environmental standards
• To manage and produce accurate formal reports
To be considered, you must have:
• Certified Industrial Boiler Operator (CertiBO)
• Boiler Operations Accreditation Scheme (BOAS)
• Extensive experience of working with industrial steam boilers
• Formal Mechanical Training / Qualification
• Experience of organising planned maintenance of equipment across a diverse campus
• Up to date knowledge of required standards in compliance and safety
• Strong organisational skills with an ability to balance a varied workload and re-prioritise in response to changing business needs and unexpected engineering problems
• Evidence of trouble-shooting and fault diagnosis
• Highly professional and able to deal with issues unaided
• Must be driven and enthusiastic with a passion for engineering maintenance
• Must be competent in the use of Trend Building Energy Management System.
• IT Literacy and ability to use Microsoft Office and Microsoft Project.
• Strong communication skills, with the ability to build excellent working relationships
The salary for this role is up to £39,000 plus pension, 25 days annual leave and private single medical cover.
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 450 5000 to discuss the role in further detail.