Senior Contract Manager
Salary: £50000 - £70000 per annum
Location: St Helens
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268280219
An opportunity has arisen for a Commercially Focused Senior Contract Manager with Strong Technical Knowledge in the M&E Service Provider space, to join our client’s growing operations. This position comes with a wealth of contracts across the North of the UK including Scotland, with great scope to grow existing accounts and win new business.
Position: Senior Contract Manager (M&E Maintenance Contracts)
Territory: North (inc Scotland)
Office Location: St Helens, Merseyside
Salary: Negotiable from circa £50,000 - £70,000
This position will see the successful Senior Contract Manager take ownership of and accountability for the nurturing and growth of existing accounts, whilst actively seeking new opportunities across the region.
The Senior Contract Manager will be responsible for:
- Retention of current business, including Blue Chip clients, smaller customers, and everyone in between.
- Growth of opportunity with existing clients.
- Working with the Business Development team to win new business.
- Predominantly Small Works, with occasional major projects.
- Commercial and Operational Responsibility for the region, supported by their team of a Contract Manager, 4 engineers and a helpdesk co-ordinator.
Therefore, the Senior Contract Manager role will suit someone with the following personal qualities, skills and experience:
- Strong commercial expertise, with a demonstrably successful track record of Managing and Reporting on P&L. Current P&L is circa £1m across the region.
- Experience of running Small Works in an M&E Contract Provider setting.
- Maintaining margins within all works.
- Whilst this role doesn’t require the jobholder to have worked “on the tools”, a strong understanding of M&E compliance and the technical aspects of the works involved is essential.
- Excellent man-management and leadership skills, as the job holder will be a First Line Manager to whom engineers and support staff will look for guidance, development and leadership.
- The role will suit someone who is fairly autonomous, self-motivated, inquisitive and tenacious.
- Excellent IT skills.
In return, the successful Senior Contract Manager will be offered a permanent position with a competitive, negotiable salary, 25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays, Annual Bonus, and on passing probation you will receive Medical & Death in Service benefits. The job is full time, and you will likely spend 2-3 days per week in the office and the remaining days on site with clients. You will mostly travel across the North of England, with quarterly travel into Scotland.
Apply online now, or for a confidential discussion, please contact Claire Male at Executive Network Group.