Mechanical Fitter - Gas
Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 473105747
Monday to Friday with over time available.
I am currently recruiting for a Mechanical engineer to join a fantastic team of engineers with one of our well established clients based in the Salisbury area.
I am ideally looking for someone who is self-motived, happy to work alone, can use own initiative and has an excellent attitude towards work with fantastic communication skills.
You will be required to perform all planned and unplanned mechanical engineering activities relating to the running of an efficient contract. In particular commercial gas boilers and other gas appliances.Experience in steam plant would be an advantage.
- Support the Line Manager in the day to day implementation of the company policies, procedures and standards necessary to maintain the integrity of ongoing operational activities and provide high quality services to customers.
- Ensure all Planned Preventative and Reactive Maintenance is completed on general mechanical plant to schedule ensuring that appropriate documentation is completed and submitted in a timely fashion.
- To carry out the servicing and reactive works on all commercial gas boilers and other gas appliances.
- Perform rectification of defects, ensuring all safety and performance standards are met in accordance with the contract and good practice.
- Carry out routine maintenance work associated with all mechanical systems.
- Supervise specialist contractors and ensure all certifications and documentation is completed in accordance with the client and their requirements.
- Liaise with and respond to the Helpdesk ensuring urgent maintenance tasks are responded to within appropriate timescales.
- Ensure that good housekeeping and working practices are employed and ensure that you represent the company in a professional manner at all times.
- Proven experience within a complex building services environment (MOD, NHS).
- Knowledge of PSSR 2000 / Confined Space, Legionella and Permit to work systems.
- Articulate, numerate, IT literate and use of PDA handheld devices.
- Understanding of legislative compliance and contract law preferred.
- Good all-round knowledge of facilities management and building services engineering.
- The ability to establish, implement and monitor high standards of excellence in areas of quality, safety and operational performance.
- Must be able to demonstrate a successful track record in the field of assurance / health and safety.
- Have good decision making and communication skills.
- Be resilient under pressure and be able to converse confidently with staff, suppliers and customers at all levels.
- Must be able to obtain and retain SC clearance.
The Ideal candidate will have the following:
- Motivated self-starter
- Appropriate ACS gas qualifications – Essential
- Willingness to train, update and improve themselves for the benefit of the contract
- Ability to think and react to immediate problems and issues without losing sight of or compromising long term goals.
- High standard of personal integrity and professionalism with the adaptability to change.
- Ability to lead and act with authority when required.
- Proactive approach.
- The ability to make decisions and solve problems.
- Team player with an ability to support other disciplines when required
- Must be able to pass a clearance check.