Salary: £23000 - £29000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 473105746
I have been hired to recruit an Mechanical maintenance engineer in the Coventry area to cover the reactive and PPM’s maintenance across a site. This is a fantastic opportunity to join a well-established company who not only have a fantastic reputation with their employees but to work with a respected successful business.
Ideally I am looking for someone who has excellent communication skills, fantastic work ethic, team skills but also someone who can work on their own initiative.
All Facilities staff are required to conform with the Company policies and procedures, behave in a professional manner, and support the core values of the service to ensure:
• Customer satisfaction
• High quality design standards and buildings operations
• High quality facilities maintenance and services
• Safety and security of staff and property
• Environmental protection and sustainability
• SMART systems both for Estates and entire site.
The post will support Estates in the key areas of:
• Daily operations of site.
• Continuous improvement in performance
• Effective customer relations within Facilities department and externally as directed.
Provides a high quality operation and maintenance service to the full range of the Company buildings
Main duties and responsibilities
Carries out a specialist role within the Operation and Maintenance Team, which may, dependant on operational need, be rotated between:
. (a) Responsive Maintenance. The postholder will work as part of a responsive maintenance team, reacting to unplanned requests for plumbing and heating faults and installation projects
(b) Building Management System. The postholder will work as part of a team responsible for the operation and effective use of the Building Management System
• Carry out fault diagnosis and rectification on a wide range of equipment across the site, including plant room, and various other dwellings.
• Undertake authorised development and adaptation work to buildings within capabilities;
• Ensures that all work undertaken is carried out to the standard required and that all appropriate safety legislation is observed and reports any potentially unsafe working methods, installations or equipment;
• Installs plants and equipment, working when necessary with outside building contractors and other specialist contractors;
• Ensures that all tools and equipment used by the Department are in a safe working condition;
• Reports concerns to relevant management representatives, or takes appropriate remedial action to provide a proactive and customer focused maintenance service;
• .Completes appropriate documentation for the performance of the job and to improve management information with a view to identifying improvements;
• Keeps abreast of new developments to ensure continuous improvement in working practices and processes and high quality workmanship;
• Advise and assists, when requested, staff working on projects which require technical input within current capacity and skill level;
• Participates in the emergency call out scheme under the conditions determined for that scheme;
• Participates, in the shift pattern scheme under the conditions determined for that scheme.
AND such other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and its grading.
• GCSE English and Maths or Equivalent
• City and Guilds qualification in heating and ventilation or equivalent
• NVQ Level 3 in Plumbing & Heating or equivalent
• Relevant A C S qualifications or equivalent.
• Good level of competence in carrying out work on Mechanical systems, servicing and maintenance.
• Ability to read and understand electrical /Mechanical drawings
• Awareness of safety legislation to ensure it is observed and the post holder can report any potentially unsafe working methods, installation or equipment.
• Good Communication skills.
• Ability to liaise with general public and contractors plus all department staff for access and maintenance.
Able to work in confined spaces and off steps, ladders and tower scaffold indoors and outside
Ability to participate in an evening/weekend emergency call-out rota and shift pattern rota.
• Basic Electrical competencies
• Domestic ‘gas safe’ certification
• Experience of Air conditioning systems maintenance
• Experience of Building Automated control systems, BMS
Knowledge of current legislation and practices