Salary: £23000 - £29000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 473105745
I am currently recruiting for an Electrical Maintenance engineer in the Coventry area to join a fantastic team of Maintenance staff within a rewarding business. The facilities staff take on the role of maintaining buildings across the one site in a local area in Coventry.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an engineer to secure a permanent position with this excellent company who have a reputation of retaining their staff and ensuring job satisfaction.
All Facilities staff are required to conform with the site policies and procedures, behave in a professional manner, and support the core values of the service to ensure:
- Customer satisfaction
- High quality design standards and buildings operations
- High quality facilities maintenance and services
- Safety and security of staff and property.
- Environmental protection and sustainability
- SMART systems for site.
- Daily operations of entire site
- Continuous improvement in performance
- Effective customer relations within Estates, and externally as directed.
Purpose of role
You will be required to Provide a high quality operation and maintenance service to the full range of the onsite buildings.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Carry out a specialist role within the Operation and Maintenance Team, which may, dependant on operational need, be rotated between.
- Responsive Maintenance - The postholder will work as part of a responsive maintenance team, reacting to unplanned requests for service and ad hoc tasks. This involves completing reactive repairs and Planned maintenance across site and numerous buildings as and when required.
- Building Management System - The postholder will work as part of a team responsible for the operation and effective use of the Building Management System.
- Electrical Services - The postholder will undertake planned and proactive operation and maintenance works, this involves completing Electrical maintenance across the site which can be either reactive repairs or planned maintenance.
- You will also be required to carry out operations and maintenance work on all building systems to the multiple buildings on site, which will involve routine testing, liaison with customers to effectively resolve their problems or find faults in systems.
- Undertake authorised development and adaptation work to buildings.
- Ensures that all work undertaken is carried out to the standard required and that all appropriate safety legislation is observed and reports any potentially unsafe working methods, installations or equipment.
- Installs plants and equipment, working when necessary with outside building contractors and other specialist contractors.
- Ensures that all tools and equipment used by the Department are in a safe working condition.
- Report concerns to relevant management representatives, or take appropriate remedial action to provide a proactive and customer focused maintenance service.
- Completes appropriate documentation for the performance of the job and to improve management information with a view to identifying improvements.
- Keeps abreast of new developments to ensure continuous improvement in working practices and processes and high quality workmanship.
- Advise and assist, when requested, where staff working on projects which require technical input and also any new starter to the Facilities Management team.
- Participates in the emergency call-out scheme – you may be required to sit an on call rota.
AND such other duties as are within the scope of the spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and it’s grading.
The ideal candidate will have Significant experience of commercial or industrial electrical work, including testing and fault finding, on single and 3 phase electrical systems and knowledge of current legislation and practices. Also ability to read and understand electrical drawings and Awareness of safety legislation to ensure it is observed so that you can report any potentially unsafe working methods, installation or equipment.
Ability to participate in an evening/weekend emergency call-out rota.
- Training on current amendments to Electrical BS7671 – 18th Edition Regulations.
- NVQ level 3 in electrical installation or equivalent
- C&G qualifications in Electrical Installation or maintenance
- English, Maths to GCSE standard.
- Driving Licence
Experience of carrying out work on the fire alarms, security systems or commercial kitchen appliances and Ability to handle difficult situations sensitively.
- C&G 239 4 & 5 Electrical Testing