Salary: £23000 - £29000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 473105744
I am currently supporting a fantastic client based in Coventry who are looking for a Maintenance Technician to work with and support their Facilities Department who are responsible for maintenance across multiple buildings in Coventry. This is an excellent opportunity for a someone who has experience within Maintenance on Commercial or domestic sites to secure themselves a permanent role with a well established company.
Full Time, Shift Rotas: 2 weeks 6.30am to 3.00pm and 2 weeks at 10.30am to 7.00pm (36.5 hours per week and both shifts finishing 1 hour early on a Friday)
All Facilities staff are required to conform to the companies policies and procedures, behave in a professional manner and support the core values of the service to ensure:
- Customer satisfaction
- High quality design standards and buildings operations
- High quality facilities maintenance and services
- Safety and security of staff and property
- Environmental protection and sustainability
- SMART systems both for Estates and the wider site.
You will be required to support Estates in the key areas of:
- Daily operations of the site
- Continuous improvement in performance
- Effective customer relations within Estates and site, and externally as directed.
Provide a high quality operation and maintenance services to the full range of site buildings.
Main duties and responsibilities
- Working as a member of the maintenance team carries out repair and rectification on a wide range of equipment across the site. This will include residential areas and Company equipment and plant.
- Undertake authorised development and adaptation work to buildings within capabilities;
- Ensures that all work undertaken, is carried out to the standard required and ensures that all appropriate safety legislation is observed and reports any potentially unsafe working methods, installations or equipment;
- Install plant and equipment, working when necessary with outside building contractors and other specialist contractors;
- Ensures that all tools and equipment and machinery used by the Department are in a safe working condition;
- Reports concerns to relevant management representatives, or takes appropriate remedial action to provide a proactive and customer focused maintenance service;
- Completes appropriate documentation for the performance of the job and to improve management information with a view to identifying improvements;
- Completes building fabric repairs to high quality standards;
- Undertakes repairs and maintenance of kitchens and bathrooms;
- Keeps abreast of new developments, receives instructions from supervision and attends training courses by agreement;
- Advise and assist when requested, staff working on projects/tasks which require technical input;
- Participates in a shift system
AND such other duties as are within the scope and spirit of the job purpose, the title of the post and its grading.
- GCSE English and Maths or Equivalent
- City and Guilds qualification in carpentry
- Relevant Wood machining qualifications / experience
- Practical working experience in plumbing
- Practical working experience in carpentry
- Good level of competence in carrying out work on door furniture and locks etc, servicing and maintenance.
- Able to formulate risk assessments and understand/work to method statements.
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Ability to use a PDA/handheld device
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Ability to work as a member of a team or on own initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to liaise with all departments and staff for access and maintenance.
- Ability to work shift pattern.
- Experience of automatic doors
- Knowledge of current legislation and practices
- H&S qualification
- CSCS card holder