Lightning Protection Engineer - North West
Salary: £30000 - £35000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 473105605
The FMC Network are currently recruiting for a Lightning Protection Engineer to work for a nationally known and growing client.
Key Accountabilities (major end results the job is expected to achieve):
• Install lightning protection and earthing systems on a variety of tall structures such as high rise offices and flats, church spires and towers, industrial chimneys and power station cooling towers. This will involve working to pre-designed schemes including drawings, a risk assessment and method statement.
• Undertake upgrades to existing lightning protection systems to specified instructions provided.
• In order to work safely, erecting access ladders, scaffolding, work platforms and bosun's seats (harnesses), as well as other safety devices.
• Accurately complete Company paperwork including point of work risk assessment, job sheets, material schedules and timesheets and ensure this is returned to the office based team.
• Provide on site communications and advice to either the client of managers of a project, ensuring the Company is professionally represented at all times.
Person Profile (Qualifications, Knowledge, Skill and Experience):
• Strong and proven experience in lightning protection (either testing , repair or installation background)
• NVQ 2 or NVQ3 as a Lightning Conductor Engineer
• Customer facing experience in a field service environment
• Good planning and organisation skills
• IPAF, SSSTS and PASMA qualifications desirable
• CSCS Card Holder
• Full UK driving license
If you'd like to find out more about this Lightning Protection Engineer role, please contact Ryan Evans on 0121 450 5000.