Electrical Engineer (1738)
Salary: £60000 - £68640 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 473105546
Electrical Engineer (Building Maintenance)
You have the chance to join a National FM & Construction services organisation as a site based Electrical Engineer, working on a client site in Exeter. This role is a 6 month fixed term contract with the view to extend. Reporting directly to the Shift Supervisor, you will be expected to take full responsibility for the building maintenance across site. As part of this role, you will be required to work a shift pattern covering site 24/7, and complete a variety of tasks related to this role to ensure the continued smooth operation of the FM business. This role is to be based on the Nightingale Hospital in Exeter.
As an Electrical Engineer you will have responsibility for:
- Carry out Planned Preventative Maintenance and complete the appropriate paperwork and reports.
- Carry out Reactive and emergency breakdown tasks and complete the associated paperwork.
- Assisting other team members when required or as directed from the Shift Supervisor and FM Manager.
- Ensure that all tasks are completed within the contractual time scales.
- Overseeing visiting sub-contractors with regards to standard of work and Health and Safety.
- Adopt a flexible attitude
- Carry out all duties in accordance with company policies and procedures.
- Understand and complete all work related documentation accurately and on time.
- Carry out work in a safe and diligent manner.
- Comply with all Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Undertake additional duties in line with capabilities as required.
To be considered, you must have:
- Ideally looking for someone with electrical qualification 2391, Qualified to City & Guilds Level II/III, 18th Edition or equivalent, electrically bias preferred.
- Experience of electrical/mechanical maintenance, testing & fault finding on a variety of equipment including air conditioning, plumbing, boiler plant, ventilation, pumps, generators, switchgear, cables, batteries, small power and lighting (where applicable).
- Experience of working within a mobile service delivery contract.
- An understanding of Service Level Agreements (SLA's), service targets and objectives and Key Performance Indicators (KPI's)
- Knowledge of Health & Safety and safe working practices.
- Strong customer care focus.
- Good communication skills.
- Proactive approach.
- Able to anticipate and/or diagnose and repair faults.
- Capable of completing essential paperwork in an accurate and timely manner.
- Full UK Drivers licence
To apply, please email your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 450 5000 to discuss the role in further detail.