HSSEQ Advisor - Stoney Stanton
Salary: £41000 - £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268281589
Job Title: Senior HSSEQ Advisor
Location: Leicester (Single Site)
Salary: £41,000 - £50,000 + Car
As the Senior HSSEQ Advisor for my client, you will play a crucial role in providing guidance to site leadership in achieving Health, Safety, Security, Environmental, and Quality (HSSEQ) objectives, ensuring compliance with regulations and the attainment of ambitious risk reduction and performance enhancement goals.
My client offers a dynamic and inspiring work environment, placing a strong emphasis on the growth and development of our personnel. Our inclusive culture, rooted in expertise, safety, and trust, empowers my client to lead in sustainability, innovation, and personal growth.
The main requirements for the role of Senior HSSEQ Advisor include:
- A NEBOSH or NCRQ Level 6 Diploma or an equivalent qualification
- Professional membership with IOSH or IIRSM, or an equivalent professional body
- Expertise in hazard identification and assessment, including participation in HAZID and HAZOP processes.
- Experience in the preparation and evaluation of risk assessments and method statements
- Proficiency in incident management and investigation
- Competence in Emergency Response Management
- Familiarity with security management systems and threat awareness
- Experience in process safety management and controlling major accident hazards.
- Knowledge of CDM (Construction Design and Management) and contractor management
- Familiarity with safety culture models and the ability to influence change.
- Strong decision-making skills and sound judgment
- Effective communication and influencing abilities across all levels of the organisation.
- The capability to build relationships and contribute to the broader HSSEQ network within the organisation.
The main responsibilities for the role of Senior HSSEQ Advisor include:
- Provide expertise and support in Health, Safety, Security, Environment, and Quality (HSSEQ) to the site and its teams.
- Ensure the presence of effective HSSEQ risk controls and procedures at all times.
- Manage site HSSEQ improvement actions in a timely and quality-focused manner.
- Accurately report, manage, and investigate hazards, near misses, and incidents
- Oversee safe work systems, work control, permit-to-work processes, and energy isolation procedures.
- Develop and facilitate HSSEQ training and communication for site leadership
- Verify the adequacy of emergency preparedness levels
- Foster a strong safety culture through active HSSEQ governance, consultation, and engagement, including participation in Site Safety Meetings
For further information on this position please contact Nathan.firstname.lastname@example.org