Salary: £40000 - £50000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268216661
Just north of Bedford
£40k to £50k DOE
We are seeking a Procurement Manager for a newly created position for an independent Bedfordshire based business, supporting finance and operational teams. The business is a specialist production agency delivering creative solutions to the world of Live.
From the Olympics to the Grand Prix, from Adele to the Spice Girls, from Mercedes-Benz to Ferrari, we provide innovative solutions for global brands and a variety of sporting, entertainment and cultural events around the world. The key pillars for the company are Sport, Brands, Entertainment and Design & Build.
The role is hinged upon achieving the highest levels of value through the supply base across cost, on time delivery, quality and value for money through the application of your honed procurement skills.
You will be working across a combination of direct and indirect spend areas. A generalist approach will be needed covering direct events equipment and logistics considerations through to company cars, phones, insurance and more. As a SME business a can do attitude will be required, you will lead on supplier sourcing, contract negotiations and relationship management while contributing to procurement administration such as issuing PO numbers and maintaining purchasing systems.
Daily duties will include:
• Issuing purchase orders to suppliers and sub-contractors. Expediting deliveries to achieve improved delivery performance from suppliers
• Negotiating with suppliers to achieve improvement on lead times. Negotiating pricing and commercial terms with suppliers
• Proactively troubleshooting and resolving issues across the supply chain
• Working on projects to deliver cost downs and supply chain improvements ensuring that there is a robust buying structure in place going forward
• Review Contracts and Terms & Conditions
• Helping lead our Quality Management ISO 9001
• Maintain the WAP purchasing system and Sage 200 administration
• Support Sales invoicing
What you will need:
• Ideally CIPS qualified or part qualified.
• Proven experience in a procurement role, sourcing, negotiating with and managing suppliers.
• Evidence of delivering value in agreements, achieving service improvements and cost savings.
• Experience of Sage 200 would be an advantage but not essential.
• A flexible attitude to work content from leading commercial activities though to administration.
For more information or to apply, please click the apply button to submit your CV to Procurement People, part of the Executive Network Group.