Head of Purchasing
Salary: £50000 - £55000 per annum
Location: West Yorkshire
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268216657
Head of Purchasing
Wakefield, West Yorkshire
£50k to £55k (Negotiable DOE)
We are pleased to present a new opportunity with an independently owned Wakefield based SME manufacturing business for a Head of Purchasing. We are seeking a purchasing professional with a proven background in manufacturing environments with the drive and ability to deliver material focused improvements across the supply chain, internal teams, systems and processes.
The business has an existing supply chain in place, this role is hinged upon supplier relationship management rather than new supplier sourcing. This coupled with team management, process and system improvement will see you deliver improvements in supplier OTIF, stock profile optimisation and adherence to manufacturing plans. The manufacturing unit is part of a wider group with sites in Preston and Newcastle, occasional travel will be required in the role.
You will bring to the table your experience in the development of working practices and processes across material purchasing and management such as Kanban, 5s and lean principles aimed at achieving and improving manufacturing and supplier OTIF while controlling the material stock profile on site. Leading a team of Operational Buyers, Stores Supervisor and Yard Goods in Manager you will develop systems and processes to improve material supply and on site management ensuring availability for manufacturing requirements.
The role will include working with the Head of IT in the review and development of company MRP IT systems, establishing fit for purpose requirements and following through with implementation.
The Ideal Candidate:
• Proven purchasing and supply experience in material based manufacturing.
• A proven leader, able to motivate, lead and develop multifunctional teams.
• Demonstrable experience of improving key metrics through material supply across OTIF, quality and on site material management.
• Working knowledge and experience of systems such as Kanban, lean principles, 5s and similar.
• Experienced in managing, developing or implementing manufacturing IT systems relating to material management and planning.
• CIPS qualifications or other relevant degree / industry training.
What’s in it for you?
• An opportunity to play a key role in the senior management team making a direct impact on the organisation and bottom line profits.
• A clear path to career progression with a real opportunity to develop your role into a Group Head of Purchasing position.
• A challenging role in which you will impact on people, processes, systems and the ongoing development of a business on a rapid growth rate.
For more information or to apply, please click the apply now button to submit your CV to Phil Bloomer of Procurement People, part of the Executive Network Group.