Salary: £40000 per annum
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268216643
A part-time, permanent, opportunity for has arisen for a diligent and innovative Procurement Professional, with Proven experience and knowledge of OJEU regulations, excellent excel and data skills, with strong communication and stakeholder skills, to work within the Education sector in the Kings Cross area of London, on a permanent basis. An immediate start is available, pending security clearance.
Procurement Consultant (Part Time - 2.5 days per week)
Location – London (Angel/Holborn/Kings Cross)
Salary – c£40000 per annum (pro rata)
In this permanent position, you will work with our client and you will lead procurement activities relating to non-pay expenditure. You will be responsible for procuring contracts for a variety of categories, including facilities, estates, finance, curriculum and ICT and other projects and services.
This role will contribute to the client’s ongoing ability to embed best practice, efficiency and effectiveness within procurement processes and decisions, ensuring compliance with EU and UK legal obligations achieving savings.
Reporting to the Regional Procurement Manager you will be responsible for offering a proactive and comprehensive service and advice on all aspects of procurement for all levels of
personnel and manage relationships between our client and their diverse range of suppliers.
The successful Procurement Consultant will be responsible for the following:
- Preparation of all paperwork relating to tenders and RFQs, ensuring compliance with OJEU and other constraints/regulations.
- Project management of procurement against agreed deadlines, with accountability for any delays.
- Compiling accurate data and records, and reporting on activity and performance as required.
- Exploring client’s current spend, benchmarking based on the outcome, then considering alternative suppliers and recommending any changes that would lead to savings.
- Drafting policies and procedures relating to Value for Money and Procurement.
The successful Procurement Consultant will have the following skills and experience:
- Procurement Qualifications (eg MCIPS) or Project Management Qualifications (eg PRINCE2) or equivalent.
- Extensive experience of procurement and supplier management, to include OJEU rules and PCR2015 directives.
- Sound research and analysis skills, with the ability to manipulate numerical data.
- Proven planning, project and organisational skills, with a methodical and logical approach to task delivery.
- Be an excellent collaborator, outstanding problem solver, and a great relationship builder.
- Demonstrable experience of writing technical reports
Our client have a solid reputation within Education Sector, and you will be a part of their continued journey of ensuring value for money. They are rightly proud of their team of consultants and the results that they have achieved, and continue to achieve.
You will be paid a salary of circa £40k (pro rata)
Please apply online or contact Claire Male for a confidential conversation