Electronic Security Systems Manager
Salary: £60000 - £65500 per annum
Location: West Midlands
Job Type: Permanent
Job Ref: 268214714
Electronic Security Systems Manager
The FMC Network are currently recruiting for an Electronic Security Expert to join our client. Based in either the Midlands or in London, this is working for a public sector business.
The Security Systems Expert will support the Senior Security System Engineers for the delivery of the technical specifications, architecture, and works information for the physical security systems (Video Surveillance System, Access Control, Intruder Detection, Video Management System, Physical Security Information Management) for the railway infrastructure. These are to be developed to satisfy the physical security systems strategy.
• Support the Senior Security System Engineer for technical assurance and management for Security Systems delivery.
• Support the Senior Security System Integration Engineer for the integration requirements and specifications for the Security Systems.
• Work closely with the engineering disciplines for the development the Physical Security Systems solutions that consider all relevant systems and sub-systems.
• Support the development the engineering requirements and specifications which deliver railway capability, and to achieve the security operational requirements while mitigating environmental impacts, within the programme and budget.
• Provide technical support for the development of security system solutions involving proof of concept.
• Provide technical knowledge for management of risk for the Physical Security Systems works.
• Provide technical expertise and advice relating to the Physical Security Systems to Senior Security System Engineer and the Senior Security System Integration Engineer.
• Support the engineering aspects of work packages and suppliers, as required.
• Able to provide specialist technical advice on discipline-specific scientific, technical and engineering principles to project development / delivery teams but knowing when to seek further guidance from other Subject Matter Expert or others.
• Meets minimum CPD requirement for professional institution every year.
• Ability to support project development / delivery teams, working on specific tasks under direction of line manager (or delegate) in relation to technical or commercial management
• Can communicate many discipline-specific technical ideas to colleagues, based on a mix of training and examples of application.
• Ability to articulate many principles relating to standards, safety and the environment
• Able to apply principles and methods that ensure effective information management, modelling and data security, basic understanding of data creation and visualisation, working under supervision of line manager or in liaison with the relevant Subject Matter Expert
• Applicable UK construction regulations including CDM requirements.
• The application of the Common Safety Method (CSM) for risk evaluation and assessment.
• Understanding of the Regulatory/Legislative Framework relevant to HS2
• Commercial awareness including understanding of cost delivery, schedule targets
• Working towards Chartered Engineer/Membership of an appropriate professional institution with the equivalent experience.
Type of experience:
• Experience in managing standards, engineering, and safety activity on any engineering projects/ programmes
• Experience of managing competing project and engineering demands, with cost and schedule implications on any engineering projects/ programmes
If you’re skilled in all aspects of Security Systems please contact Ryan Evans on 0121 450 5000 email@example.com